Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God is faithful

I am going through a rough time in my life, as are many of you.  I've been unemployed for almost  
5 months and this has been a very hard time for me.  I've always had a job, raised 3 kids on my own sometimes working 4-5 jobs at once.  I knew God provided my needs but that was never "put to the test" because I always had an income and did not have to worry about where my income was coming from because I always knew another pay check was on its way.

Now that I do not have a job that provides a consistent income, I have to totally trust God for my EVERY need.  I am embarrassed to say I never realized how much I trusted my income more than I trusted God.  When I first became unemployed I was OK because I thought for sure I would find a job in no time but when the job interviews did not turn in to anything and the bills kept piling up, I became very worried.  I spent my days being very depressed and crying.  A trip to check the mail became more stress than I could handle.  I cried and grasped feverishly at everything I could think of that would provide an income to pay some of the bills but eventually it got to where there was nothing else left that would provide more income. My fear was losing my apartment or losing my source of transportation, both of which are a must.

I asked over and over, "Why is God making me go through this?"  Last Sunday my pastor preached a message that touched my heart and answered my questions.  The message relayed that no matter what happens in our lives, God is faithful.  He provides what we need, just when we need it.  That was it......God was not on my timetable!  I had been expecting God to provide my needs when I thought He should and my watch does not keep the same time that God's watch does.

I believe God has been using this time to teach me that HE alone provides my needs.  He has also used this time to teach me to trust Him, rely solely on Him and do so patiently.  This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn and I am sure this is not the last time I will have to learn it.

I am not writing about this for you to feel sorry for me.  I am writing about this because I know I am not the first or last person to go through this and I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and let you know God knows exactly what you are going through. He knows your address and He will provide at just the right time.  He loves you and He is not going to forget you.

When Christ is all you have, you find Christ is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment